I’m Irene Brown and I’m so excited to join the Moomba Park Primary School community as a Ready, Set, Prep Family Engagement Officer. I bring a lot of experience in community engagement and I’m passionate about family wellbeing.
The Ready, Set, Prep program is a whole-of-community approach to engaging families in early year’s education to get your child ready for their first year of school. The project aims to improve parent/carer engagement and transition for children 0 to 5 years of age and their families, especially in the six months leading up to their first year of school.
How I can help:
• Advice on early learning and how to choose a primary school
• Support with enrolment and attending transition activities
• Information about playgroups and other local social/learning activities
• Support and referrals for family concerns around child wellbeing, developmental delay or disability, and services like maternal and child health, dental, health, psychology and counselling, financial advice/support, housing services, migrant and refugee support, food relief and more
• Work with your child’s kindergarten, early learning centre or family day care to get you ready for school and the transition
• Work closely with Moomba Park Primary School
My work days are Monday to Thursday and I look forward to working with you. Please feel free to contact me by phone or email on:
Call: 0417 241 620