At Moomba Park P.S. we provide many opportunities to share student progress. This includes start of year, ‘Meet the teacher’ interview, mid-year and end of year Student Led Conferences.
At the mid-year and end of year conferences, student have the opportunity to share their progress through the use of learning portfolios. The use of the portfolio format is new at Moomba Park this year. We found that it increases the connection between student learning and student voice. The portfolios comprises:
• General comment based on the four capabilities including personal and social, ethical, critical and creative thinking, and intercultural capabilities. These comments are linked to the students’ academic progress, school values and statements about learning behaviours.
• Progression Points table, highlighting growth from the previous report.
• A rating of students’ effort and behaviour.
• Work samples – with contextual statements, described as such as they provide an outline (context) of the skills and knowledge that the students are focusing on.
• Specialist teachers provide an overview, effort and behaviour teacher judgements, and progression point.
For students who require additional learning support, teachers provide Individual Learning Plans. These are documents, given to parents during term 2, 3 and 4 which identify and set achievable goals for students. They assist parents in supporting their child at home as well as helping Education Support Staff, when working with funded students.